|Traducir sitio web en espaņol - Haga clic abajo! Strona Tłumacz na język polski - kliknij poniżej!
| | Our Current 8th Grade Class Updates on Various Community Efforts to Help Save Our School! How Can You Help? See below.
- Post this S.O.S. (Save Our School) in your car windows and at home. Distribute to businesses as well. Click here for a PDF
- Join the Community RALLY on Monday, November 24 and post this Flyer in local businesses. Click here to Download Flyer
- What else can you do to help? Read and Share this Flyer and then share it with businesses and friends. Click here for a PDF
- S.O.S. letter asking for community support in English Click here for letter
- S.O.S. letter asking for community support in Polish Click here for letter
- Join the Letter Writing Campaign! See the Flyer. Click here flyer
- Make a Donation via GoFundMe (Donations can also be made by calling the school) Click here to Donate
- Participate in the Marcello's Fundraiser on Dec. 1 and 3. Bring in this flyer to have 10% of the purchase back for the school. Thank you Marcello's! Click here for Flyer
Big Shoulders Fund...Helping SHBS students reach their fullest potential Our 6th Grade Gallagher Scholars took a trip to the Chicago History Museum last week as guests of the Gallaghers!
Last week some of our 6h grade Gallagher Scholars and their families were invited to spend the day at the Chicago History Museum with the Gallagher family and Tom Zbierski fof Big Shoulders Fund.
An audio "teen tour" was set up for the kids and many of them seemed to really connect to some of the history they were learning about. Anthony, upon reading about the 1919 Race Riots..."That is so sad."
Giana learned about her great uncle's service in the army unit that is actually featured in the 1968 exhibit that is currently on display. Luckily, her Grandma and her Great Grandma were there to recognize this and explain to connection to Giana.
Erik sat mesmerized by a short film on the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Thank you so much to the Gallaghers and to the folks at Big Shoulders Fund that give many of our students the financial support necessary to come to Saint Hyacinth.
| | Our newly formed Speed Dogs Running Club raises $160 for the Prevention of Domestic Violence! Saint Hyacinth on FACEBOOK!
Visit us on Facebook to see lots of current information and great photos of all the fun things our students are accomplishing!
TODDLER'S JAMBOREE WEDNESDAYS, 9-10 am in our school library!
Toddler's Jamboree is an hour (or so) of singing, dancing and fun for all! All ages are welcome, and bring your friends along! From babies through toddlers, they all enjoy some time together learning how to socialize and play nicely together, all while learning some fun new (and old) songs! Did we say FREE?
Once the snow hits please call the school in the morning to confirm there's not a "snow day." Brrrr. Don't want to think of that yet!
Some of our brilliant students and our 8th grade teacher were featured in a video promoting the Shedd Aquarium's ROV program!
| | Bishop Rojas, Alderman Reboyras, and Sr. Mary Paul McCaughey, O.P. Visit for Library Blessing and Dedication in March
Sr. Mary Paul is sitting amongst the students with Bishop Rojas and Alderman Reboyras after blessing and dedicating our newly remodeled library on Friday, March 21st.
Saint Hyacinth Basilica School in the News